Even though I've come pretty far on my journey to feel better, I sometimes fall into old patterns again. Without even noticing actually..
The last two weeks, I've winded myself up to the level where I have troubles getting to sleep, have no feelings of hunger, and run forward like a bulldozer here at home.
Yesterday I just stopped in the middle of it all and almost slapped myself when I finally saw what I was doing.
First, I got frustrated, then sad, then tired, then determined to make it stop.
Through out the last year, I've worked out a kind of checklist to get to the bottom with my behavior as soon as possible. It looks something like this (and is measured during three days):
-Have I eaten? (When and what did I eat, and how?)
-Have I slept? (When, how much, continuously?)
-Showered?
-Been outside in broad daylight?
-Exercised?
When I am a bit of a mess, all of the above is out of balance. And they mostly work depending on each other.
So, where do I start when I want to correct it all before it goes even further down the line?
If I look at this now, during these weeks, it would probably be like this:
-I've eaten in a hurry (because of our youngest, he's a handfull right now). And when I've been eating, I'm always stressed out, so I tend to eat fast carbs, like bread and pasta (my body really dislikes gluten, too bad...) and candy more often than usually. So, my stomach is angry with me.
-Sleep. Hm... My beloved husband is down with a nasty cold. This means he snores and coughes - a lot. Our toddler also got this virus, so he sleeps every now and then during the day and night. No pattern at all. So my sleep is out of order. Big time.
-Shower, getting outdoors and maybe do my exercises, well.. Ok, that part I do , not least because our dog needs her time in the woods.
So today I've been pretty hard on my family, but I refuse to have a guilty conscious about that.
I demanded to get to eat my breakfast properly (my oldest had to take care of baby toddler for ten sweaty minutes), I took a longer walk with our dog than I usually do, and we all ate dinner (even though I get to eat after hubs, so we can take turns in watching the baby who is not at all cooperative while at the dinner table at the moment) and no one was allowed to rush through it just to get away from the table and back to the computer.
Yei
for me!
This night, I even demanded to have the bedroom all by myself, and the baby. As long as my man is having this cold (and snores like I don't know what), I think it's in order for him to sleep in the guestroom. Either that, or I'll have to punch him several times at night, and that I really don't want to do. Nor do I want to get frustrated and angry at him over this. Completely unnecessary if we can avoid it.
I can really recommend you all to make a list like this, I think it helps most of the time.
Make room for columns marked Problem, Cause and Solution. Just try for a while, Hope it works as good for you as it does for me.
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar