söndag

The wrong place at the wrong time

Today I was supposed to go to a meeting in my role as a friend to a man who is investigating his psychiatric conditions. My friend told me to be there (at the clinic) at three, and wait outside for the doctor to let me in (since it's Sunday and not on any ordinary schedule).
When I got there, I saw a friend of my moms standing there as well. We said hi, how are you and all the ordinary phrases. I was a bit withdrawn as I don't know if this woman has any contact with my mother at the moment. Normally, my moms so called friends never last that long. She grinds them down mentally, uses them for what ever purpose she has at the moment, and makes a big fuss when she gets tired of them being not so addicted to her anymore.
Long story short - she's rather good at making enemies (well earned...)


When I got in to the clinic, the doc told me he had actually booked an appointment by phone with me, and it was not this afternoon. I wasn't supposed to have come there. But since I came anyways, he welcomed me and we had our meeting.


When I was all done and stepped out in the hallway I saw the other woman waving at me down the corridor. "Come here a sec, will you?"
"Oh shit, here it comes agaaain" I thought. I'm used to hearing what a pity it is that I have turned my back at my mom, and how childish I am for holding grudges against the woman who got me into this world. Usually this is thrown at me by people who only know her vaguely, but it is hard to hear all this from time to time, it's so tiring to have to defend my choices.
But all she said to me was "If you're ever in doubt, believe this: You are so right not having any contact at all with that mother of yours. Oh the stories I could tell. Never, ever doubt, you did the right thing".
I almost broke down in tears by this surprising message.
There I was, at the wrong time, wrong place and everything, and I got this almost magical words said to me straight up. Just like that! It meant the world to me to hear her say that, believe me.




I'm a victim of childhood abuse. Mother broke my arm first time when I was two years old. The physical and mental abuse continued until I was sixteen and moved away from her. I have much to tell here, but that's a later issue.


Tonight I'm going to sleep all happy, comforted by this Sunday. And if I didn't believe in fortuity, well... Now I do!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar