Tomorrow it's finally time for my long wanted interview in our local newspaper. For a while now, there has been a hot storyline of how the doctors prescribe heavy medicins for people without knowing their full health condition (and how easy it really is to get those heavy substances without being physically investigated at all), and how many patients either get even sicker or/and get stuck in the deep swamp of drug abuse because of this. Terrible if you ask me, so it's really good that this shit has come out in the open finally.
Yes, it is a rather delicate, sensitive subject to many. Speaking up in public about health conditions, how it is to be addicted to painkillers, psychiatric illnesses, and not least criticize our golden doctors (no one is going to admit me as their patient from now on, because I do have a lot to tell here) etc etc...
Well. We live in a smaller town. People tend to gossip - a lot. If the newspapers say so, then it surely must be true!
In this town you are what you always were, never forgiven, never given second chances. Funny how that goes until one of the "good guys" take a shit in the wrong jar....
I've been on both sides. I've been the critical eye, I've been the fallen golden girl, I've taken the sides of all the wrong people, and I've fought and been the voice for the not so strong. I can be a pain in the ass with my honesty, and I'm quite fearless to the great gossipers in this community.
The trouble with me is that I have no problems speaking up in public at all (which sometimes gave me a feeling of never wanting to go outside without a brown paper bag over my face, but I've survived that too).
Yes, sometimes people get a bit offended or even hurt, but I have never said a mean word to anyone that doesn't deserve it, honestly. And I've rarely criticized anyone's personal sides as much as their actions.
So. Hold a thumb for me folks, may I choose the right words this time too.
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar