The emotional chaos have calmed down a bit now, thank you Lord (or whomever in charge of things).
My husband (and I) have talked this disappointment through as much as an aspie of his kind can express things in words. (I have to be really careful not to "speak over him", which can be easy to do when it takes him a minimum of ap 20 minutes to just answer a daily, simple question...)
He finally came around, and is now seeking other occupations, I'm so proud of him! Of course it still hurts like hell for him, but he's back in the game again. Hopefully something will come up that suits his skills just fine.
What's more on the board today...?
Oh. I made a call to the head of the newspaper that wrote this article about me and heavy painkillers. It turned out this lady who made the article didn't have permission at all to throw this minimovie of me speaking about suicide out on the internet.
Stupid and too naive for my own good, I thought I had no right to complain about all that, but as the days went by I got more and more angry of her.
Who was she to lie in my face about not filming, who was she to publish this on the freaking net without me even knowing of it??
So. I made a call to her boss (aka The Boss) and just asked a bit politely if this was allowed, and if this was the way they did things at this newspaper if his. I told him about how my teens felt after seeing their mom saying out loud that she had planned (and set a date) to commit suicide (even if that's not the case now, four years later), especially since they lost their father that way. This boss went bananas, berserk and yelled preeeetty much. The woman who wrote about me (her writing was ok though I told him) is not going to be able to pull a trick like this again, we can just leave it to that. Ha!
For once I stood up for myself. For once I didn't allow someone else to push me around and to get away with a lousy behavior that I had to suffer over.
High five to me!
-The Right To React
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar